About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I love a great deal and hate paying full price for things! I would love to share budget busting tips and ways to save on this blog. I am the mother of a son who drives and inspires me. I love and enjoy my family and friends. I want all mama's to remember that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.Psalm 139:14 -Lets form a global network for "mamas". We can share tips,encouragement, support for wonderfully made mama's no matter what stage you are in life...Know that you don't have to have a biological child to be a "mama" you could be a spiritual mama to someone, or even a mama to a four legged friend!!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Rambles and the benefits of walking...

I haven't posted in a few days, and I don't want to neglect my blog! Got some great deals at the local Harris Teeter grocery store yesterday, they let you triple your coupons every so often, and you can end up doing pretty good! I get excited, coupons are like free money to me! I think even if i had millions in the bank, I would still use coupons for the heck of it. I plan to exercise today, whether its the gym or a walk. The pounds are not melting off, BUT i feel better if I am doing something...On that note, i did some quick research on the benefits of walking-
1. Walking controls your blood pressure- it strengthens your heart, so it can pump more blood with less effort and less pressure on your arteries.
2. Walking decreases your risk of heart attack, brisk walking, 3 hours a week, or 30 minutes a day, can lower risk of heart disease in women.
3. Weight management of course! Combined with eating healthy, walking can help you maintain your weight, (i need to tell myself this every day :)
4. Walking can also boost "good cholesterol"(HDL) LDL is the bad cholesterol that can build up on your artery walls and cause heart attacks..

Okay, hopefully that opened your eyes to some good things about walking. The nice thing is you don't have to be an Olympic athlete to get a good walk in.. And you can do it anywhere! Work, school, home. Best of all, its free!! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment