About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I love a great deal and hate paying full price for things! I would love to share budget busting tips and ways to save on this blog. I am the mother of a son who drives and inspires me. I love and enjoy my family and friends. I want all mama's to remember that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.Psalm 139:14 -Lets form a global network for "mamas". We can share tips,encouragement, support for wonderfully made mama's no matter what stage you are in life...Know that you don't have to have a biological child to be a "mama" you could be a spiritual mama to someone, or even a mama to a four legged friend!!

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

You CANNOT take it with you...

Hello wonderful ones..

I hope the summer has been good for everyone. I just went to Asheville, NC this fourth of July weekend with my husband. We visited the fabulous Biltmore Estate. What a beautiful place! The architecture of the house, the rich decor, the beautiful grounds and gardens! The Biltmore was built by George Washington Vanderbilt in 1895 and is a National Historic Landmark. After a day of walking and viewing such excess and wealth, my husband made a good point. "It's beautiful, but I guess you can't take it with you."

True. As many "things" as I "want" in my life, I need to focus on what matters most. My realtionship with God, my family connections and making a difference in the lives of my loved ones and anyone else the Lord leads me to. Weekend getaways are fun, and "things" are nice to have, I am just praying to keep it all in perspective. Staying humble in HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment