About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I love a great deal and hate paying full price for things! I would love to share budget busting tips and ways to save on this blog. I am the mother of a son who drives and inspires me. I love and enjoy my family and friends. I want all mama's to remember that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.Psalm 139:14 -Lets form a global network for "mamas". We can share tips,encouragement, support for wonderfully made mama's no matter what stage you are in life...Know that you don't have to have a biological child to be a "mama" you could be a spiritual mama to someone, or even a mama to a four legged friend!!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer's Ending!

Im sorry, this summer went by wayy to fast. I have been working, dealing with a homesick child on summer vacay, and trying to make the most of my "me" time! So now, Miles is back and a very happy camper, and school starts in two weeks. So in my mind, the summer is basically over.There are still lots of things I still want to do and accomplish! Things I had planned before the summer started.Writing for some other blog was one of those things. With all the summer fun, I have totally neglected my blog, however I have written for two other beauty blogs, an article for Kim Porter at Makeup by Kim Porter and Renee at Beauty Fool Beauty Fool.I appreciate these lovely ladies for giving me the opportunity to contribute to your blogs, I'm just trying to hone my skills.Still going to do the things I planned, just at a slower pace! I plan to keep this post short, but I heard a wonderful prayer today that came from Sir Frances Drake, and speaks to living ABOVE your potential and not just living a mediocre life. You all can do it! Take courage and step out of your comfort zone.

Disturb us, Lord, when We are too well pleased with ourselves,
When our dreams have come true
Because we have dreamed too little,
When we arrived safely
Because we sailed too close to the shore.

Disturb us, Lord, when
With the abundance of things we possess
We have lost our thirst
For the waters of life;
Having fallen in love with life,
We have ceased to dream of eternity
And in our efforts to build a new earth,
We have allowed our vision
Of the new Heaven to dim.

Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly,
To venture on wider seas
Where storms will show your mastery;
Where losing sight of land,
We shall find the stars.
We ask You to push back
The horizons of our hopes;
And to push into the future
In strength, courage, hope, and love.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment