About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I love a great deal and hate paying full price for things! I would love to share budget busting tips and ways to save on this blog. I am the mother of a son who drives and inspires me. I love and enjoy my family and friends. I want all mama's to remember that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.Psalm 139:14 -Lets form a global network for "mamas". We can share tips,encouragement, support for wonderfully made mama's no matter what stage you are in life...Know that you don't have to have a biological child to be a "mama" you could be a spiritual mama to someone, or even a mama to a four legged friend!!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Travel Plans? Lets see if my tips work for me!

Anyone have travel plans for the summer? Whether the flight is long or short, we all know what a crazy, stressful situation this can present! I’m headed out to California this week, and I am determined to have a zen travel experience. Here are some tips I plan to use, and some that are tried and true!

o Stay hydrated! Soo important because airplane cabins are known for dry stale air. Keep water near you at all times.
o Same goes for your skin! If you have dry skin, add some additional moisturizer inflight.
o Keep healthy snacks close by- lots of times airport food is unhealthy. Try to eat light, and pack in the proteins, to avoid tummy troubles.
o Make sure you have a mini “flight bag” with pharmacy items like Alka-Seltzer’s, pain relievers and anti-bacterial wipes, and anything else you might anticipate.
o Bring relaxing music on your ipod or mp-3 player! You can even download nature sounds, anything soothing and relaxing to you.
o Always have a good book or magazine for a mental escape as well.
o Splurge on a cozy plush neck pillow, or wrap for your shoulders when your trip gets chilly.
o Dress loosely, even down to your feet! Loose shoes are good, since feet tend to swell during the flight. (Nowadays you have to remove them in security anyways!)
o Mentally- stay relaxed and centered. Focus on your goal, getting to your destination! Try not to get caught up in the “travel stress’ going on around you. Tune it out! But don’t miss your flight! Happy travels and enjoy your vacations..

airplanes Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment